Tuesday, November 11, 2008

T’was the night before the workshop and alone in my house
I was glad James finally slept like a mouse. I packed each workshop bag full of paper and fun
It didn’t take long, soon I was done.
After months of planning, it was finally near
I put everything in cute bags with Reindeer.
It was then time for me to take a well disserved bath with bubbles
Then off to bed to dream about crafts, not economic troubles.

The morning arrived and what did I hear?
From all over Monrovia a great big cheer,
As each lady was coming in her slay.
It was finally Mom’s day to play!

We soon got started and cut like crazy,
This was no time to be lazy.

For a moment we paused and thought “would Daddy survive?
Alone with the kids from 9 ‘til 5?”
But we laughed and quickly forgot
It was time for another drawing- the prizes were HOT!
Stamps, ribbons, and things given away
To be made into a craft another day.

We had so much fun,
Finishing our gifts one by one. While creativity flew
our friendships grew.

Soon our gifts were ready to be sent,
Our bodies tired, our minds were spent.
We said good-bye and wiped a tear,
Only 365 days until next year!

1 comment:

Tracey L Thaler said...

How cute! I love that there are finally photos of the moms doing what they love to do!